Privacy and Security Policy
2.0 PUBLIC RECORDS LAWS AND OTHER LEGAL REQUIREMENTS
As an initial matter, please be advised that we are subject to the public records laws of the State of California ("California Public Records Act") and that much of the information you submit to us is public information under these laws. Consequently, under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose such information in accordance with the California Public Records Act or other legal requirements.
3.0 NO UNNECESSARY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We will collect no personally identifiable information (e.g., your name, address, email address, credit/debit card number or other information which can be associated with you without additional information) about you when you visit this Website, unless you use our Website to purchase event tickets, parking permits, merchandise, and/or meal packages and/or to make a donation to the Foundation or you otherwise choose to provide that information to us. The personally identifiable information collected through our Website in connection with purchase of event tickets, parking permits, merchandise, and/or meal packages and/or donations made to the Foundation may be used by County and/or third party event producers of the event that you attend for limited marketing purposes and as otherwise described in the remainder of this Policy. To opt out of County sharing your personally identifiable information with third party event producers of County for limited marketing purposes, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Ford Theatres Box Office at 323-461-3673. Due to mailing schedules and preprinting of mailings, it may take some time to remove your information from our list. Any communications received from a third party event producer is subject to its privacy policies. Please contact the third party event producer directly to opt out of any communications from them.
4.0 INFORMATION COLLECTED AND STORED AUTOMATICALLY
5.0 PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION COLLECTED
All information you submit to us through this Website (by email, surveys, or otherwise, as described below), including personally identifiable information, may be subject to the disclosure and access provisions of the California Public Records Act or other legal requirements.
By sending us an email message (e.g., by selecting the ‘Contact Us’ option), you are sending us personally identifiable information (e.g., your name, address, email address, or other information which can be associated with you, etc.). We store this information in order to respond to your request or otherwise address the subject matter of your email.
Also, we may ask you for specific personally identifiable information, such as your name, address and email address, and other pertinent information, through surveys, feedback forms, questionnaires or other means, all with the goal of providing better service. We will only retain the information that you provide in response to the survey, forms, questionnaires, etc.
Please be advised that email messages and these other means generally are not secure and may be subject to the disclosure in accordance with the California Public Records Act or other legal requirements.
6.0 PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION TRANSMITTED AND STORED FOR CREDIT/DEBIT CARD TRANSACTIONS
A user must provide certain contact information, such as name, email and address, and financial information, such as credit/debit card number and the expiration date, in order for you to purchase event tickets, parking permits, merchandise, and/or meal packages and/or to make a donation to the Foundation using our Website.
We are committed to data security and the data quality of personally identifiable information that is either available from or collected by our Website. We have taken reasonable precautions to protect such information from disclosure, loss, misuse or alteration.
We require the use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) standard transmission encryption to protect transmission of users’ personally identifiable information submitted in connection with credit/debit card transactions. SSL is a security technology designed to enable your browser to send and receive information with another server in an encrypted format. Your browser’s security icon, usually located in the top or bottom status bar of your browser’s window, reflects the security condition of the browser. The lock icon indicates that your browser is communicating over a secure link.
7.0 USE OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
As described above, a user must provide certain contact and financial information in order to purchase event tickets, parking permits, merchandise, and/or meal packages and/or to make a donation to the Foundation using our Website. We require that this information be used for the limited purpose for processing these transactions and as otherwise permitted by the rules and regulations of the applicable credit card associations, debit card networks, credit/debit card issuers and/or credit/debit card processors.
8.0 SHARING OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We do not share personally identifiable information with third parties, except that we will provide personally identifiable information: (1) as described in Section 3.0 above; (2) to the companies assisting us with processing orders and credit/debit card transactions through our Website, including our ticketing company, credit card associations, debit card networks, credit/debit card processors and banks; (3) to arts and cultural institutions in the Southern California area for one-time only mailing of event or organizational information that may be of interest to you; and (4) to conduct certain demographic research regarding our patrons using anonymized aggregated data. This information is never stored by other arts and cultural institutions and individuals may opt out of this use by contacting the Ford Theatres Box Office at (323) 461-3673 or email email@example.com. Due to mailing schedules and preprinting of mailings, it may take some time to remove your information from our list. In some circumstances, we may also be required by law to disclose certain personally identifiable information in accordance with the disclosure requirements of the California Public Records Act or other legal requirements or we may disclose such information to law enforcement and/or fraud investigatory agencies.
9.0 CONSEQUENCES OF FAILING TO PROVIDE PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
If you choose not to provide us with your name or other necessary personally identifiable information, you will not be able to use this Website to purchase event tickets, parking permits, merchandise, and/or meal packages and/or to make a donation to the Foundation. If you have concerns about privacy and security on the Internet, or if you are unable to pay by credit/debit card on our Website, you also have the option to purchase event tickets, parking permits, merchandise, and/or meal packages and/or to make a donation to the Foundation with cash or check in person at the Ford Theatres Box Office. For Box Office hours of operation and policy regarding payment by cash and check, please gohere.
Your usage is tracked primarily so that we can (a) if necessary, modify the Website according to your usage to make the information you are looking for easier to find in the future, and (b) maintain sufficient hardware, software and personnel to provide you with a high level of service. The cookies and electronic devices passed to you are seamless, they do not reveal your personal identity and will not follow you as you surf on to other websites.
11.0 USE OF RETARGETING PIXELS
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads promoting our events when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about our events to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
12.0 WEBSITE LINKS TO OTHER SITES NOT COVERED BY PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICY
This Policy describes the information we gather through our Website and how we use such information. Our Website may contain links to documents located on websites maintained by other County departments, public agencies or private organizations. Once you link to another website, you are no longer subject to this Policy, but rather are subject to the privacy and security policy of the website to which you linked. You use that website and anything contained on that website at your own risk.
When you use this Website to purchase event tickets, parking permits, merchandise, and/or meal packages and/or to make a donation to the Foundation and pay with a credit/debit card, you will be transferred to a portion of the Website hosted by our ticketing system provider, TICKETsage and your payment will be processed by our contracted payment processing vendor, Fidelity Information Services, LLC. Our contractors will prompt you to enter all information necessary to make such payment or purchase, as the case may be, and will thereafter take all steps necessary to process the payment on our behalf.
13.0 CHANGES TO YOUR INFORMATION
For information on reviewing and/or making changes to information about you that may be in our records, please feel free to contact us with your updated information by the means set forth at the end of this Policy.
14.0 CONTACT INFORMATION
Should you have any questions regarding this Policy, or your interaction with our Website, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to 1055 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 800, Los Angeles, CA 90017 (Attention: Communications).
16.0 CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICY
We may add to, delete, or change the terms of this Policy from time to time. This document will be updated to reflect new changes. By using our Website after any change, you consent to this Policy, as it is changed from time to time.
4. Unless otherwise noted, this Website, including without limitation, all text, programs, products, processes, technology, information, content and other materials, together with all copyrights, trademarks, trade dress and/or other intellectual property therein (collectively, "Content"), and the compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) are owned by us, or by third parties who have licensed such Content to us. Such Content is protected by U.S. and International copyright laws. We, on behalf of ourselves and licensors, expressly reserve all rights, including without limitation, intellectual property rights, in this Website and all Content from time to time available on this Website. Access to this Website does not confer, and shall not be considered as conferring, upon you or any other user of the Website any license to other rights to the Website or the Content or the compilation of Content.
6. We provide the Website to you on an “as is” basis without any warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. To the extent permissible under applicable law, we hereby disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, we do not make any representations or warranties that (a) the information or other materials available on our Website will be error-free, (b) defects in our Website will be corrected, (c) our Website or its servers are free of viruses or other harmful components and/or (d) our Website will be secure, accessible continuously and without interruption. Further, we do not make any representations or warranties regarding the use, accuracy, reliability, and/or completeness of the information or other materials available on our Website.
8. We have not reviewed all the third party websites linked to or framing this Website and are not responsible for the content of such third party websites. By entering this Website, you acknowledge and agree that the County of Los Angeles and/or the Foundation has not reviewed all the third party websites linked to or framing this Website and is not responsible for such third party websites. We do not make any representations or warranties as to the security of any information (including, without limitation, credit card and other personal information) you may have or might be requested to give to any third party, and you hereby irrevocably waive any claim against us with respect to such third party websites. You follow any links to any other websites connected to our Website at your own risk.
9. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Website, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for you or logging onto a server or an account which you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Website, “overloading”, “flooding”, ”spamming”, ”mail-bombing” or “crashing”; or (d) sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products and services. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. We will investigate occurrences that may involve such violations and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations. You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Website or any activity being conducted on this Website. You agree further not to use any engine, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search this Website other than the search engine and search agents available on this Website and other generally available third party web browsers (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc).
10. We and/or the Foundation do not accept any liability for any conduct, acts or omissions occurring at this Website. Under no circumstances will we and/or the Foundation be liable to you for any direct, consequential, incidental or special damages, including any lost profits or loss of data, even if you claim to have notified us about such damages, or for any claims by any third parties.
Terms of Payment
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF PAYMENT CAREFULLY. IT CONTAINS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS, AS WELL AS LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU.
Conditions of Payment
These Terms of Payment set forth the terms of the Internet/online payment service ("e-Pay Service") offered to you by the County of Los Angeles (“LACO”, “County”, "we", "us" or "our") for itself, and as applicable, on behalf of the Ford Theatre Foundation ("Foundation") with respect to your payment via this website ("Website"). We will NOT accept payments through this Website from any party/individual who is not an authorized user of the credit/debit card utilized for the payment to us or is making a payment from a foreign country that does not support a minimum of 128-bit encryption. By submitting a payment through this Website, you certify that you meet these and all other requirements set forth in these Terms of Payment.
Credit/Debit Card Payments
A credit/debit card payment, limited to credit and debit cards with the American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and VISA card logos (a "Credit Card Account"), are the types of payment that will be accepted through this Website.
Other Payment Methods
Please note that, in addition to making a payment through this Website, payments to County can also be made by mail or in person through the Ford Theatres Box Office. Users may call the Ford Theatres Box Office phone number at (323) 461-3673 or visit the Ford Theatres Box Office in person during designated office hours at 2580 Cahuenga Boulevard East, Hollywood, CA 90068. Designated box office hours can be found here.
As a convenience, this Website may be utilized by you to make a donation to support the work of the Foundation, a nonprofit organization established to develop financial resources to support programs and operations of the Ford Theatres. Donation transactions made through the Website will be routed directly to the Ford Theatre Foundation and will not be co-mingled with payments for Ford Theatres event tickets, parking permits, merchandise, and/or meal packages, which shall be retained exclusively by the County. Donations made to the Foundation through this Website will be isolated from any payments you make for event tickets, parking permits, merchandise, and/or meal packages, and will appear as a separate charge to the Foundation on your credit card statement.
Donations made to the Foundation are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law. The Ford Theatre Foundation is a separate and independent legal entity and a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, tax ID# 95-4530031.
Refunds and Exchanges
The County does not offer refunds or exchanges on event tickets, parking permits, merchandise, and/or meal packages purchased through the Website. The Foundation does not offer refunds or exchanges on donations made through the Website.
If you experience a transaction error associated with purchasing event tickets, parking permits, merchandise, and/or meal packages, please contact the Ford Theatres Box Office phone number at (323) 461-3673 during box office hours.
The Foundation is solely responsible for remedying any and all transaction errors, whatever the cause, associated with the processing of donor transactions through the Website. If you experience a transaction error associated with making a donation to the Foundation, please call the Ford Theatres Box Office at (323) 461-3673.
A payment is not deemed made until we provide you with an online receipt for such payment. You can download or print a copy of the receipt page with your confirmation number ("Transaction Receipt") for your records. In addition, we will send you an email confirmation of your payment. We recommend that you check your email's SPAM folder for our emails and add @arts.lacounty.gov domain name to your Safe Senders List to ensure that you continue to receive our emails in the future. If you make a donation to the Foundation, your Transaction Receipt will also serve as your receipt for tax purposes.
If the payment is returned for any reason (e.g., because you do not have sufficient funds in your account, closure of your designated Credit Card Account), your transaction will not be deemed made and it will be cancelled.
You represent to us that: (i) the information you provide to us in connection with the e-Pay Service will be accurate; (ii) you have the right to authorize us to obtain payment from the Credit Card Account designated in your instructions; and (iii) no other person's authorization or action is needed to approve our creation and processing of your Credit Card Account.
Disclaimers; Limitation of Liability
We reserve the right to amend (add to, delete or otherwise change) these Terms of Payment and the e-Pay Service at any time. By using the e-Pay Service after any amendment, you consent to the Terms of Payment, as it is changed from time to time. Furthermore, we may terminate your use of the e-Pay Service at any time, without cause or prior notice.